How to wear Super fi. 5 pros
May 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
Can someone link me to a proper means of wearing the super fi. 5 pros? Also any tips/suggestions for my newly acquired IEM's? Thanks! I look forward to your responses

May 19, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/292683/super-fi-5-pro-and-flip-flop-mod

I recommend you wear them as described in that thread! I used to have the SF5Pro and that was how I had mine. Since the IEM would ben the other way instead of straight out, it made them more flush with your head and it also gives you a better seal supposedly. I didnt feel the difference but maybe you will. There may be a video on youtube on how to do it but I cant find it.

May 19, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 7
I couldn't find one either.

Did you use an amp with yours? If so, which one? Also what were your impressions of it? THanks so much!

May 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 7
The flip-mod never worked well for me.  I get worse seal and they pop out of my ears more easily.  That mod is definitely subject to a YMMV warning.  Seal is everything and I would recommend trying a wide range of tips.  It's all about the tips with these IEMs because the bodies are the opposite of ergonomic.  For me the UE pro series really clicked into place (literally) when I started using Monster standard silicon tips.  They're really round and they just work for me, better than the Supertips, but that might have been a sizing issue so I'm going to try the Supertips again in smaller sizing.  Before I recently discovered the Monster silicons, only the Comply tips gave me a comfortable fit and good seal.  Lot's of people like the Sony Hybrid's, but I couldn't get a good fit with those, though it was better than what I was able to achieve with the standard UE tips.  

May 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm not much of an audiophile but I do appreciate IEMs as they as much better than those cheap stuff. I can't give you a good review other than I thought it sounded great, not a reference monitor though. It definitely had a good amount of bass. The clearity was not as great as my W3 which, imo, beats it in every single aspect.
I do not use any amps, I just listen to it straight out of the box. I would love to try an amp though!

May 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 7
None of the old Pro series needs an amp but all benefit to some degree.  TF10s benefit massively, SF5Pro benefits somewhat but less so than the TF10, and SF5EB just benefit a bit IMO.  The first two are revealing enough such that if you don't hear a difference, it's probably because the amp you're using isn't really that much better than the one built into the source component.

May 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
None of the old Pro series needs an amp but all benefit to some degree.  TF10s benefit massively, SF5Pro benefits somewhat but less so than the TF10, and SF5EB just benefit a bit IMO.

I completely agree. Having all 3 earphones infront of me right now, i know from experience that only the TF10 actually has hearable benefits from amp. (especially when used outside). Make sure you get good seal out of your tips, for the EB and the Pro i woudl never recommend using complys because they kill the bass. Finding a good pair of silicones is hard though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back