How to wake up HD650 Sennheisers
Jan 5, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #16 of 19
I have a HD650 but haven't used it for years. I probably powered it with my objective 2 amp but have since upgraded headphones and amps along my journey. My current main amp is my Audeze Deckard for solid state and Project Ember II for tube. Do you guys think either is enough power or a good pairing for the HD650 or it should I look to upgrade to a different amp to open them up. I honestly haven't listened to my HD650 on either amp since I got them because I've upgraded headphones also and just never picked them back up.
Oh yeah I feel like you're trolling a little bit hahaha! But yes you should be perfectly fine with those amps, you don't need godly amounts to push the HD650's but you do need a little bump. I run them on low gain through my Asgard 2 and they sound great! Check'em out I do believe you'll like them! A little too analytical and in your face for me personally, but a great sounding headphone nonetheless.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 19
No I'm not trolling at all lol. I first used my O2 amp with my 650 when I got into audio years ago. I upgraded to other headphones and amps and just forgot about my hd650. I really need to dust them off and try them with my Deckard.
Yeah with the HD650'S I would have to say they sound great, but I prefer soundstage. They definitely are not a listen to music for enjoyment well at least for me. But they do sound very clear and precise in the mids to upper highs. But I would go as far as to say they are not a fun headphone.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #19 of 19
Put them on the zana deux and will become a flagship killer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back