How to use the amp in a DAC in combination with a RIAA?
Jan 13, 2013 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Psyphilis

New Head-Fier
So, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to this. I have been looking into headphones and amps the last week and I think I've settled on getting the Sennheiser HD598 in combination with either NuForce uDAC 2 or Audioengine d1. The problem is that I am also planning on purchasing a vinyl rig in the foreseeable future and I don't know if it's possible to use the amp in the DAC in combination with a budget RIAA like Vincent PHO-111. The DACs have no RCA-inputs so I don't know how I would connect the RIAA and vinyl player with them in that case. 

Any other input on my setup is also appreciated. Maybe there are some budget solutions with a combined DAC/RIAA? Is it easier to go with a separate DAC?

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 2
I have been looking a bit at the NuForce Icon 2 now, but that's a bit of a step up from the uDAC 2. It does seem good though, especially since it has several inputs instead of just the one on the uDAC. The budget is kind of a problem though, and a cheaper option would be great if anyone knows of such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back