How to use my sb live card factory installed by dell.
Aug 12, 2004 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
i see the digital i/o. the line in. the mic in. the front speakers out. the back speakers out.

how the heck would i rig this for a set of cans?

the crappy speakers that came with the comp just go in the front speaker jack for now. should i try to get the front and rear speakers out together by using a Y adapter, then sticking that into a headphone amp and to my cans? or should i just hook the cans up to the front speakers? i dont have a dac so the digital out is useless to me.

not looking to get a new card - just experimenting with what i have.

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 6
The headphones should plug into the front out. If you need to also hook up speakers, use a Y-splitter to hook up both.

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 6
that clears that up, i guess i'm doing it right, thanks!

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 6
For the SB-Live you should acutally use the rear outputs because they use a better DAC than the front ones. I know that Foobar2000 comes with a DSP that shifts stereo output to the rear channels. Also, you should resample to 48000 Hz.

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 6
Step 1. Open Dell PC.

Step 2. Remove Soundblaster Live.

Step 3. Log onto eBay.........
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, though, if you want to use SPDIF digital output, you'll need a 1/8" to mono (phono) rca adapter you can buy from Radio Shack.

-Ed

Aug 13, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Step 1. Open Dell PC.

Step 2. Remove Soundblaster Live.

Step 3. Log onto eBay.........
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, though, if you want to use SPDIF digital output, you'll need a 1/8" to mono (phono) rca adapter you can buy from Radio Shack.

-Ed

You forgot the part about stepping on it...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back