How to use M-Audio Delta DIO drivers with Chaintech AV710?
Jun 10, 2004 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Iron_Dreamer

Sponsor: Audeze
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
I know wodgy knows how to do this. Windows 2000 refuses to install the drivers for me, saying no drivers were found, even when I point it to the properly unzipped folder. Do you need to modify some files or something for it to work?

For those who don't know, these drivers supposedly give the AV710 bit-perfect digital ouput, at the expense of analod output.

Jun 10, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 10
Aren't you supposed to use the drivers for the M-Audio DIO 2448 for bit-perfect output?

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 10
There are two ways of doing this. I can't remember which one I used.

The first is to select "DIO2448.INF" in the driver directory, right click, and choose install.

The second is to go to the "Device Manager". (If you can't find it, do Start -> Run then type "compmgmt.msc". The Device Manager should be in the tree of options.) Find the device that currently represents the sound card. It'll be a red X if no drivers are installed or something for the Envy24. If it's something for the Envy24, right click, choose properties. Select the driver tab. Click "Uninstall." Reboot. When the system asks you to select a driver, choose "Install from a specific location." Choose "Don't search. I'll choose the driver to install." UNCHECK "Show compatible hardware." Choose "Have Disk" and select the driver directory. (I don't think this works if you don't uninstall the old driver first as I suggest; Windows will refuse to recognize the other drivers.)

If neither of these work, try double-clicking on "DIO21951.EXE" in the driver directory. This is a self-extracting archive with a slightly different copy of DIO2448.INF.

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:17 AM Post #6 of 10
change PCI DeviceID in DIO's INF file to the same value you find in the VIA's driver's INF file, that way Windows should eat it, otherwise PM me and I'll send you flashing utility for VIA Envy24.. you can make virtually any card out of your Chaintech..

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Tried that too, glassman, but to no avail. I did some research, and it seems that the DIO2448 is not an Envy24 based card at all, but a CMI3783 (or something like that) so no wonder that it doesn't work with the Chaintech. I wonder how on earth it works ini Wodgy's comp. I was trying to figure this out so I could use the Chaintech as a bit-perfect transport to the EMU for windows apps that can't use KS or ASIO, since the guy I was going to mod the card for hasn't paid me or contacted me in almost a month. I guess I will just use it for my speakers, or maybe stick it in the next system build I do.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 10
why not use Audiotrak Prodigy drivers? or EgoSys Waveterminal? you can choose whatever you want, all you need is flash the EEPROM with proper firmware..

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 10
that's it, use proffesional drivers! bit perfect WDM, Kernel Streaming and ASIO with DirectWire.. you think DIO2448 is the only card capable of producing bit perfect output, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back