How to use Creative ZXR and Audioengine A5
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tamirci

Member of the Trade: mobileaudiophile
Hello gals.

I am using Audio IN of A5 and headphone jack of ZXR at the moment. I know it is lame..

What would you recommend me to use their full potentials?

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 9
AudioEngine A5 speakers?
I would say running RCA analog audio cable from the ZxR's RCA line-out to the RCA line-in on the A5s would be the best connection.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 9
The Sound Blaster ZxR already comes with good DAC chips (PCM1794).
Should have no need for anything else with a DAC feature.

Edit, I guess I should have said RCA line-out on the ZxR to 3.5mm (1/8") line-in on the A5s.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
The Sound Blaster ZxR already comes with good DAC chips (PCM1794).
Should have no need for anything else with a DAC feature.

Edit, I guess I should have said RCA line-out on the ZxR to 3.5mm (1/8") line-in on the A5s.

I guess you are right. The only thing d1 helps is the optical connection right? 

Based upon my experience with Edifier
Using optical improved the sound unless it is a placebo :\ And I'd buy that d1 if is going to help like it did.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I guess you are right. The only thing d1 helps is the optical connection right? 

Based upon my experience with Edifier
Using optical improved the sound unless it is a placebo :\ And I'd buy that d1 if is going to help like it did.

Those Edifier speakers do not come with an analog input, the Audioengine A5s come with an analog input.

Edit, big oops, those Edifiers do come with an analog input (need better glasses).

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 9
just a quick question. isn't it better to plug the RCA line out on the zxr and then use the RCA line in on the audioengine a5+??? instead of doing the rca out to 3.5mm in ???? because right now im connecting rca to rca from my sound card to my speakers. If it is better to do rca to 3.5mm in , then i will switch my cable. Thanks

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Just a quick question. isn't it better to plug the RCA line out on the ZxR and then use the RCA line in on the Audioengine A5+??? instead of doing the RCA out to 3.5mm in ???? because right now I'm connecting RCA to RCA from my sound card to my speakers. If it is better to do RCA to 3.5mm in , then I will switch my cable. Thanks

I would rather use the RCA to RCA myself, but I would think the 3.5mm input is almost as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back