How to uncap EU volume on iPhone and iPod Touch without jailbreak
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
This is something I discovered while restoring my iPhone 6+. Before the restore my iPhone 6+ was jailbroken with the EU volume uncapped. After restoring my iPhone 6+ and restoring backup to my happy surprise I noticed my iPhone 6+ volume was still uncapped even without a jailbreak.

Here is instructions how to do it. First you will need to jailbreak iPhone/iPod Touch to install iFile to change the settings to uncap device.

On iFile go to /var/mobile/library/preferences/com.apple.celestial.plist% and go to headphones and change to 1. Now the idevice will be uncapped and best still the settings will be saved on the backup in iTunes. So this means the iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't need to be jailbroken to enjoy the uncapped volume. All you need is the backup from iTunes to uncap from the dreaded EU volume cap.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 3

I suscribe to that thread on the spot!

Do you make a back up via iTunes while iPhone is still jailbroken? And then restore via iTunes to that very back up?

Is that it?

It would be a great relief only having to jailbreak once in a lifetime per iPhone and then roll with regular iOS updates.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes to all questions.

I uncapped my iPhone 6+ when it was jailbroken on iOS 8. I recently updated to iOS 9 and my iPhone is still uncapped:grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back