How to tell if your Monster Turbines are Fake?
Nov 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jamestsao

New Head-Fier
Hi, i am looking to purchase some monster turbines on ebay, and i have read of there being fakes circulating. How can i tell if they are legit? Do the fakes have the same packaging as the real ones?

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 5
I strongly advise against buying from an unauthorised dealer if you plan to buy new. Even if they are legit, Monster wont honor a warranty claim if they break (assuming the seller doesnt include the original purchase receipt). I would suggest you try calling the onecall.com staff, and negotiate a reasonable price. I have heard of people getting the Turbine Gold's for $200, lowest I have seen is $180, and Turbine Copper's for ~$220. You will get the full lifetime warranty from Monster, since they are an authorised dealer.

As for the ones that look fake. the only real giveaway that I know is the taper of the tips, and mesh guard on the opening. the real ones curve and bubble out a little, the fakes have flat mesh that is recessed into the tip.

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Im looking to purchase the standard turbines, not the pros or coppers. But thanks, i will keep in mind what you have stated.

If thats the case, hunt around amazon under the used/refurbished section. Many people are unloading their stock from the latest amazon deal (they were $60 last week). Amazon doesnt let people sell them as new if they arent an authorised monster dealer, so people just sell them under the used/refurb section and advertise them as being new under their listing. If I were you, I'd e-mail the sellers and ask them if they bought them from the amazon gold-box deal, and if they can include a copy of their order transaction for warranty purposes. Same goes for e-bay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back