How to take good care of your equipment? I am here to help
Oct 25, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 25
Thank you! Didnt know these thing exist. Do I stick it to the opening with some kind of adhesive?

They all have an adhesive on the back. Each one is a few cents, though they can even be reused if u are careful, and put the sticky part of the used mesh covers on something like those waxy papers they use for baking or for putting stickers on.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #18 of 25
Hello. Some iem comes with cleaning tool pictured. With small metal loop on one end, brush on the other end, and a magnet located by the brush. I assume we use the brush and the loop to remove earwax from the iem, but what do we use the magnet for?

Attachments

• 41EZRRhuMZL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41EZRRhuMZL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 25
Hello. Some iem comes with cleaning tool pictured. With small metal loop on one end, brush on the other end, and a magnet located by the brush. I assume we use the brush and the loop to remove earwax from the iem, but what do we use the magnet for?

I use the magnet part of the brushes to pick up metal Knowles filters (they are filters that can be added to some models eg Shures or Audiosense T800 to tame the treble) or metal tuning nozzles (some IEMs have tuning nozzles). The Knowles filters in particular are very very tiny, and having a magnet is a good tool to attract them.

Also some higher end hard cases may have be metal, and the brush can be stuck onto the metal case internally due to the magnet.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 25
I use the magnet part of the brushes to pick up metal Knowles filters (they are filters that can be added to some models eg Shures or Audiosense T800 to tame the treble) or metal tuning nozzles (some IEMs have tuning nozzles). The Knowles filters in particular are very very tiny, and having a magnet is a good tool to attract them.

Also some higher end hard cases may have be metal, and the brush can be stuck onto the metal case internally due to the magnet.
Thank you. Never knew about metal filters before

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #22 of 25
I saw some iem comes with dessicant. How often does the dessicant should be replaces? How critical is it to use dessicant?

I think it depends on the humidity and climate of your country, perhaps the season too. Some tropical areas with high humidity will probably require more frequent changes of dessicants than say an arid or very cold climate.

I spoke to an audiophile pro before, he told me a common mistake people make when using dessicant is to put it in a box and then leave the box open or parts of it exposed to the air. He says it should be put in a case and closed, cause the effectiveness of the dessicant is reduced when it absorbs water vapor when exposed to room air.

We see some reports of certain IEMs having moisture build up in the nozzle filters/mesh eg TRN BA5, LZ A6 and LZ A6 mini. So that causes intermittent sound cut out when moisture builds up, especially with longer listening sessions. Maybe dessicants can help in these cases.

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 25
Obvious maybe, but owners of headphones with leather pads, don't forget to take good care of them. I used to own Audeze products and their cleaning solution gave me satisfaction.
What if you don't have access to Audeze's cleaning solution? What to use then?
And how does care for leather and pleather pads differ?

Personally, I've been using antibacterial hand wipes with aloe. Give the pads and the leather headband elements a wipe after a few sessions. I see no deterioration and it helps to keep the pads clean.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #25 of 25
What if you don't have access to Audeze's cleaning solution? What to use then?
And how does care for leather and pleather pads differ?

Personally, I've been using antibacterial hand wipes with aloe. Give the pads and the leather headband elements a wipe after a few sessions. I see no deterioration and it helps to keep the pads clean.
Good tip! Thanks for sharing.

I have different kind of leather furniture at home. Using some leather cleaning lotion will do the trick. Already a very small dosis is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back