How to tag AIFF
Jul 17, 2008 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Richter Di

1000+ Head-Fier
More or less my whole CDs are now ripped to Apple Lossless (EAC and the dbPoweramp Converter). I would like to go for AIFF instead in the future (since I hear a difference between Apple Lossless and AIFF with my iPod / Wadia iTransport combination.)

To convert my current Apple Lossless files to AIFF including the tags with my dbPoweramp Batch Converter is working very well.

But how to do it in the future?
None of my most used taggers like MP3tag (v. 2.41) or 1st MP3 Tag Editor ist able to tag AIFF. Also Foobar2000 oder MediaMonkey are not tagging AIFF.

iTunes does, but I find it to complicate for this.

Does anybody of you know a good AIFF tagger for Windows?

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 5
AIFF does not support tagging. What looks like iTunes applying the tags is a trick by managing the tags in a separate file. As soon as you move it out of the library, the tags would be lost.

You'll have to live with no tags or these pseudo tags supported by iTunes.

edit: self correction.. It looks like there's a spec that supports some form of tagging. Most of these apps just don't take advantage of them though.

http://www.google.com/search?&q=aiff...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: self correction.. It looks like there's a spec that supports some form of tagging. Most of these apps just don't take advantage of them though.

Now, that's exactly my issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back