How to Switch Between Headphones and Speakers?
Mar 20, 2010 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fire2havoc

New Head-Fier
I just purchased an Auzentech X-Fi Forte. I have my 2.1 speakers connected to the line out and also have my headphones plugged into the rear headphone jack.

Is there a way I can toggle between the headphones/speakers without having to unplug/plug the headphones each time?

Thanks for the help.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by fire2havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased an Auzentech X-Fi Forte. I have my 2.1 speakers connected to the line out and also have my headphones plugged into the rear headphone jack.

Is there a way I can toggle between the headphones/speakers without having to unplug/plug the headphones each time?

Thanks for the help.

You could just use a splitter and turn the speakers off when not in use. There's a switchbox you can buy here. You can make one with directions here. If you have a switchbox you could use RCA to 3.5MM adapters . . .

Just a few ideas.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 4
Mar 20, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 4
The thing is: there is a dedicated rear headphone jack (to use the built-in amp). When both are plugged in, sound works from both and I can mute the speakers to use only the headphones. I wanted to do it the other way around (to mute headphones when only using speakers) because I'm worried that I will wear out/damage the headphones if they are always on and playing music (even as the speakers are playing music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back