How to stream music from PC to PS3?
Sep 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use TVersity, it is really easy to use and it works great for music. for movies it can be a bit laggy at times. it was fine before but i think one of the PS3 updates messed it up. PS3 plays HD, Bluray, DivX, WMV no problem. it has support for most video files as well as audio such as flac, aac, mp3, etc.

as for .mkv, i've had no success yet. transcoding won't work, you'll need to convert the mkv to vob first before you stream it. do a search on google.

edit: nevermind, looks like the ps3mediaserver can transcode mkv on the fly. don't know how good it works yet, will have to give it a try later.
wink.gif

transcoding .mkv on the fly works stunningly well

my parents old athlon xp 2000 (1.6ghz ish) does 720p .mkv files effortlessly streaming to the ps3 over wi fi

i was mightily impressed with it

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
transcoding .mkv on the fly works stunningly well

my parents old athlon xp 2000 (1.6ghz ish) does 720p .mkv files effortlessly streaming to the ps3 over wi fi

i was mightily impressed with it

hmm...i'll definitely have to give it a try then. don't have any mkv on file, but i was testing some divx using the ps3mediaserver and i still get a little lag here and there. i'm using a old P4 2.4ghz and i've been getting some files that are "unsupported data format" for some reason when they play fine on tversity. will have to mess around with the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back