How to stop foobar from downmixing 6 ch to stereo?
May 30, 2021 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sterling2

100+ Head-Fier
Foobar 2000 is downmixing all 6 channel FLAC recordings I have on external hard drive and thumb drive in 6 channel to stereo. What sequence of steps do I need to take to play these FLAC files in 6 channel?

May 31, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Foobar 2000 is downmixing all 6 channel FLAC recordings I have on external hard drive and thumb drive in 6 channel to stereo. What sequence of steps do I need to take to play these FLAC files in 6 channel?
Hmm... what output mode do you use in FB2K (DS/WDM/WASAPI/ASIO)?
You normally need to enable 5.1 mode through system speaker mode or device channel settings options ... have you done this?

May 31, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 7
How to I enable? I do not know what or how to set output mode,0r what output mode even is. All I know is several year ago I downloaded some 6 channel FLAC files to my C drive and set them to play via foobar. A few months ago having copied the files to external drive I deleted files on C drive.

May 31, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 7
How to I enable? I do not know what or how to set output mode,0r what output mode even is. All I know is several year ago I downloaded some 6 channel FLAC files to my C drive and set them to play via foobar. A few months ago having copied the files to external drive I deleted files on C drive.

Your storage (hard drive or any other) has nothing to do with the issue.
What operating system are you using?
On FB2K side, you get the Preferences dialof opened by selecting File-->Preferences and device can be selected by selecting Playback-->Output.
On operating system side, just open playback settings panel and configure output (speaker) mode there (same can possiible be done thgrough your audio interfaces control panel if you have it installed).

May 31, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 7
On FB2K side, you get the Preferences dialof opened by selecting File-->Preferences and device can be selected by selecting Playback-->Output.
On operating system side, just open playback settings panel and configure output (speaker) mode there (same can possiible be done thgrough your audio interfaces control panel if you have it installed).

May 31, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 7
Operating system is Windows 10. Sound setting is output to OPPO HDMI. Output in foobar is to OPPO HDMI. Still no 6 channel output, just stereo. The files are showing in properties as 6 channel and before I deleted them from C drive they did indeed play in 6 channel from foobar.

May 31, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 7
On operating system side, just open playback settings panel and configure output (speaker) mode there (same can possiible be done thgrough your audio interfaces control panel if you have it installed). OK, thanks to you I fixed it. In sound control I had to configure for 5.1 output. Thank you so much again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back