How to shield a monitor...?
Jan 29, 2002 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

chych

The butter knife's second victim.
I just finished putting the second monitor in my computer setup... well, I have now realized that having both monitors close to each other causes massive interference between them. I get these stupid scan lines that move up and down and it is due to the other monitor. Is there any way I can shield the monitors? Add some RFI/EMI suppression somewhere, hmm? Maybe a huge ferrite brick will do...

Jan 29, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 8
Now where does one find a ferrite brick
rolleyes.gif

Though that shields from RFI, I think this ordeal is EMI... tweakmaster Jude, what's the answer?

I could move the monitors apart, but I really have no space

Jan 29, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 8
I have two monitors next to eachother and they work fine together, no lines. Make sure they are properly degaussed and play with the Moire settings until you get rid of the lines. Letting them get used to eachother for a few days will help as well.

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Space is rather at a premium isn't it!

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by RMSzero
I have two monitors next to eachother and they work fine together, no lines.

Actually, yours are probably both shielded.

chych, I haven't tried this myself yet, but I intend to: I hear that the solution to your problem is a "Farraday box". Basically, shielding a component after the fact. Please let us know your results, as I have a similar problem even with one monitor.

Jan 29, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 8
Get a conductive mesh cage for one of your monitors and run a wire to ground it...
I've heard of all purpose transparent emf shielded film (like coated syran wrap), but I don't know where you can get that at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back