How to setup a Schiit Stack
Jul 11, 2017 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

FitzChivalry

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, So I just received my Schiit stack (Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 uber). I'm pretty sure I forgot to purchase an additional cable. I did buy the PSYT RCA cable to connect the Amp to the Dac. But I didn't buy a cable to connect the stack to my PC. Which cable do I need to purchase to actually connect the Schiit Stack to my PC?

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 13
All you need is a USB cable to go from the PC to the Modi DAC. One end will be normal usb and the other will be the type that fits into the DAC (USB 2.0 type B)

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 13
It would be the same cable that came with a USB printer even wireless printers come with them to first set it up just a thought .

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 13
That will do it your set now.

Jul 12, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 13
Hey guys, So I just received my Schiit stack (Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 uber). I'm pretty sure I forgot to purchase an additional cable. I did buy the PSYT RCA cable to connect the Amp to the Dac. But I didn't buy a cable to connect the stack to my PC. Which cable do I need to purchase to actually connect the Schiit Stack to my PC?

Since you have the Modi2 Uber you can use this too if your motherboard has the same for output.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2764

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 13
DEpending on your motherboard you might get a cleaner signal through a toslink optical or coaxial cable. Thats the whole point of the Uber after all.

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #9 of 13
I have Monoprice USB and TOSLINK cables as well. If you want to try the TOSLINK input of your Modi 2 Uber and don't have a source with TOSLINK output, I'd recommend the $30 Behringer UCA202 audio interface. One benefit of TOSLINK is that it electrically isolates your DAC, which can be useful if your computer sends noise into electronics.

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #10 of 13
before worrying about the nuances of spdif vs usb one should make sure you are using your computer only for music. And that you have mitigated all of the typical pc noise sources.

May 19, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #11 of 13
Hey guys, does anyone know how to connect a Sony NW-A45 to a Schiit Modi 3, Magni 3 and Loki?

May 19, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 13
Hey guys, does anyone know how to connect a Sony NW-A45 to a Schiit Modi 3, Magni 3 and Loki?
Nothing in the specs say it can be used as a USB transport but you should make another thread as someone with your dap might be better able to tell you if it is possible.

May 19, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #13 of 13
Nothing in the specs say it can be used as a USB transport but you should make another thread as someone with your dap might be better able to tell you if it is possible.
Okay, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back