How to set up ASIO w/ AV-710 and Foobar?
Jun 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kurt_fire

100+ Head-Fier
I did a clean reformat of my computer 2 nights ago and want to get ASIO Foobar playback. I used kernel streaming before but didn't like how the music would cut off when an internet page with sound loaded.

My equipment:

-Chaintech AV-710 with Envy24 5.30b
-Foobar 0.9.5.3

Are there any walkthroughs on the web for this setup? I searched google for a while but really couldn't find too straight forward.

Jun 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 11
Should I download ASIO4All or Foobar's ASIO support listed on their website?

Jun 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt_fire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I download ASIO4All or Foobar's ASIO support listed on their website?

Did you read the guide?
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 11
Okay I read the guide and have came across a problem. When I go to edit my ASIO Virtual Devices over on the left under the column "Device Channel" it says Not Connected. When I click to bring up the pull down list it only lists a bunch of speaker positions. How do I tell it I want my AV-710 there?

Also, under my Envy24 settings should I have the output as 2 channel or Hi-Sample Rate Digital Out?

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 11
Anybody know what's wrong?

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 11
when it has all the speaker positions listed, try clicking on each field and selecting the 'test sound', it plays some static.. i think then you can select Left and Right channels and you are set

Jul 2, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 11
EnOYiN, I am using the same drivers 5.30b, v0.9.5.3 and Vista 64, but I cannot get ASIO to operate in Foobar. Simply, there will be no sound from the sound test or anything I play. One problem I noticed is that my Envy control panel does no have the Auto option as seem here. I have to choose either 44.1 or 48 manually. I've been trying to get bit-perfect out of my optical out to my DAC for a long time. Could you please help me or tell me which drivers I should use.

Thank you.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 11
Hi, can anyone help, I have just purchased a new home rig but I can't get asio to work with foobar. At the moment I am running Optical cable from optical out on back of motherboard---> optical in on Zero DAC. I have installed asio4all and have put the dll file into the components file under foobar. It found this okay and when I open the asio setting my digital out is green (active). However when I go to foobar preferences and set output as asio v2, I get no sound?

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks
Steph

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt_fire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used kernel streaming before but didn't like how the music would cut off when an internet page with sound loaded.

This is something both processes do. I like the exclusivity to music.

I find it odd, why would you want to be listening to audio on a webpage or in fact have any computer usage beeps affect music?

PC audio comes back when you stop a song...make the stop key a global hotkey. Or use Direct Sound/Wave-out.

How to outstall ASIO4ALL

Is my USB DAC 'beyond logic' because I have musak a-playing?

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 11
I am using the digital optical out on my cheap and cheerless onboard sound card (Realtek "HD audio" )
How do I know if ASIO is working or not? When I play using foobar the ASIO console starts up and everything looks fine. However other sounds like internet and windows sounds play over the top of my music, and the useless sound card driver software effects can still be applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back