How to remove volume static?
Sep 17, 2002 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TeXdude

New Head-Fier
I've been an avid reader of this forum for a few months now, and since then bought me a Grado SR60, MX500 and KSC35's (2 of them).

I now have an opportunity to use a Sony D-11. The only thing is the volume control produce a lot of static whenever I adjust it. Sometimes the left channel turns off, but I am able to fix it by minutely adjusting the volume wheel. How do I fix this so that I don't have to hear the static and fix the volume everytime I want to adjust.

Aside from that issue, the PCDP sounds awesome, driving my three headphones perfectly (lightyears away from my Dell notebook and Sony Clie). Thanks in advance!!

Sep 17, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 3
try a little contact cleaner (carefully avioiding overspray ) on the control . Cans are under pressure and you could get cleaner on other parts. You could also try daubing alcohol from a soaked Qtip . Squeze a drop or two into the control. If that doesn't work your volume control is worn out.
BTW welcome to Head-Fi.

Sep 17, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
As RobertR said, a bit of contact cleaner. Radio Shack carries something called "TV Tuner Cleaner" or something like that that does the trick beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back