How to remove scratches from brushed aluminum?
Oct 16, 2006 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

daba

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I tried searching on Google etc. but I can't seem to find a way to remove scratches from brushed aluminum. I've got a variety of scratches from some brushed aluminum ranging from very fine to rather deep (a mm or so in depth?). Is there anyway to remove the scratches?

Thanks.

Oct 16, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 4
I know the situation you're in. I was drilling holes in my hammond case and scratched up the aluminum. I tried everything from rubbing compounds to sand paper and decided that painting a thin coat of shiny silvery point, sanding it, and painting a nice thick coat was the best answer. Let me know what works for you.

Oct 16, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 4
I know the situation you're in. I was drilling holes in my hammond case and scratched up the aluminum. I tried everything from rubbing compounds to sand paper and decided that painting a thin coat of shiny silvery paint, sanding it, and painting a nice thick coat was the best answer. Let me know what works for you.

Oct 16, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 4
The easiest way to fix something like that is to just take it and have it sand blasted. It will be a different type of finish, but your scratches will be gone.

Otherwise, try a scotch brite pad. If that don't work, get some steel wool. Finish it with a coat of Mother's Aluminum Wheel polish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back