How to remove op amp from LD1+
Apr 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
Hey all, I just received a new op amp in the mail, so I busted open my LD1+ to replace my old one, and I came to the conclusion that I have zero idea how to remove the original one. Can anyone offer me any help!?

Thanks

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 20
nvm i just pried it out with my finger. Ok I placed the new one in, does it matter which way it's facing?

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 20
nvm i just pried it out with my finger. Ok I placed the new one in, does it matter which way it's facing?

YES it matters a lot. It won't work the wrong way and could be damaged. By putting it in the wrong way, you're literally connecting the wrong parts of the circuit together. By the way, I wouldn't recommend prying it out by hand (something like a small flathead screwdriver is probably better), but what's done is done there, and that's not nearly as important as getting the orientation right.

There should be a dot or notch on one end, which indicates the orientation. Put it in with the notch in the same side as the original was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_in-line_package#Orientation_and_lead_numbering

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 20
gay. ok I think I the notch was facing the pack of the amp...right?

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 20
I had it facing the front. I just switched it around. Can someone offer me confirmation on this?

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 20
it was working fine when I placed it the other way, I haven't checked now for the way I just changed it, which is with the op amp niche facing the back of the amp. It was working when I had it facing the front though so. Someone please give me some confirmation on this. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 20
what? No. lol. I have no idea what that means

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 20
what's an IC? I just used my fingers to remove/re-install the op amps. I just need to know which way this niche is supposed to be facing.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 20
ok I again have no idea what that is.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 20
what? So I shouldn't have touched it with my hands? So. Too late for that now. Which way is this damn thing supposed to be facing? lol. Thanks agaiN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back