How to remove Grado Prestige Series model ring?
Aug 2, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The buttonless silver mesh looks so hot.

Indeed it does
icon10.gif

So would it be a good idea to use like a rotary tool to remove the lettering?

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #21 of 26
I'm planning to make metal cups for my grado as well. It's not gonna be very expensive since I'm living with my Grandparents right now (I'm going to college in a different place) and we have a shop right under our house so I can have it made there and my grandfather owns the sop.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed it does
icon10.gif

So would it be a good idea to use like a rotary tool to remove the lettering?

I seen here somewhere that someone used sandpaper to to sand the lettering down smooth.

Aug 2, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rossboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seen here somewhere that someone used sandpaper to to sand the lettering down smooth.

! Thanks a lot for that. I'll give it try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning to make metal cups for my grado as well. It's not gonna be very expensive since I'm living with my Grandparents right now (I'm going to college in a different place) and we have a shop right under our house so I can have it made there and my grandfather owns the sop.
biggrin.gif

Very cool! Let us know how it goes.

Aug 2, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #25 of 26
Ya - I'm having some copper cups milled for an Sr125 this fall - have the copper wire grills already - look forward to what comes of it.

Aug 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya - I'm having some copper cups milled for an Sr125 this fall - have the copper wire grills already - look forward to what comes of it.

Where are you getting them milled? Did you take the cups to a professional and ask them if they could mill it? And how much does it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any suggestions on what metal to use? Something that makes SQ better. Also, does anyone know how to remove the driver?

Well, Symphones claims that Aluminum is best. Also, you shouldn't remove the drivers, I don't think, as there's a high likelihood of messing them up.

EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rem...driver-422274/
http://www.headwize.com/projects/sho...=grado_prj.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back