How to reduce bass in the Beats by Dre Studio!!! (Please Read)
Feb 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Greenman1969

New Head-Fier
I have just discovered what the two little screw pots on the Beats by Dre Studios are for!! They are for Bass adjustment. There is one pot per speaker.  All the way to left is minimum bass and all the way right is the full bass.  Everyone please look into this! This is a fairly good breakthrough for those who have the Monster beats Studios and would like to turn down the bass!

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 8
The bass isn't the only issue. The issue also exists everywhere else.
Mids are muddy and high don't exist. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 8
  The bass isn't the only issue. The issue also exists everywhere else.
Mids are muddy and high don't exist. 

True but I forgot to mention the main and first thing I had to do when I got these yesterday was to change the speakers to a pair that I liked that had a very strong mid and treble presence. But even with those the headphones sounded overly bassy then I messed with those potentiometers and the bass level changed... I've already been shot down because they're supposed to be part of the ANC system but in my pair it seems to do both as the ANC does exhibit a different noise now that just sounds like a low breeze.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 8
  Sell your beats and get a better headphone.

This was a bit harsh, but I guess that I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 8
True but you reached that decision rather quickly... Do you know my motives for buying these? I didn't buy these for the sound, I bought them because I like the design and the noise cancelling.  If you read the last posts you would have known that I switched out the speakers for a pair that I liked for their treble response. I bought these as a mod floor so I could take them apart and make them sound the way I wanted and so far I have succeeded in tuning out the bass and extreme treble frequencies, but still no mids... It seems that my speakers don't have any mid frequency response combined with the Monster ANC... So that is why i will not sell these and why I never intend to.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 8
There is one on a Swedish forum that modded beats pro with momentum drivers, do the same and quit tweaking them :)
http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/12084-beats-pro-reality-edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back