how to protect headphone jack in Ipod
May 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
hey friends!
can you share your ideas how do you protect your headphones jack in Ipod? Is this better to leave the headphone in the Ipod all the time even if i am listening to or not? or should i take them out everytime and place them somewhere safe 

May 26, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 4
I'd say you shouldn't leave your headphone embedded in the socket the whole time because the chances of wrecking the terminal is higher than wrecking your mp3 player. I mean.. MP3 players are designed to just be left in your pocket unprotected, its quite rare that something bad happens because of an unprotected jack.

I'd recommend getting a leather case or something for your MP3 player, something thats completely covered. Otherwise... there may possibly be plug products? I mean, sounds like something someone would make - try ebay.

May 26, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 4
It's not worth the worry, you can replace the hpo socket (and hold switch) assembly quite easily. I had to replace mine because of torn ribbon cable when installing new battery, whoops... but it was a blessing in disguise because I fixed a slight humming by removing a rectangular tape that should stick to the back cover.

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 4
A decent set of earphones comes with its own case.  The case can cost more than a set of buds.  When you are not using your earplugs you should unplug them from your ipod, coil them correctly, and put them in their case.

If you are home you can hang them to unravel, but do not let the cord bend tightly or kink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back