How to properly charge the iBasso D2 Boa??
Nov 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my D2 in the mail today. Sounds great out of the box, but I expect it to only get better with burn in. My question is, if I plan on using this with my laptop 98% of the time, what state should I leave the battery in? I left the charge switch set to on when I first turned it on to allow the battery to get it's first initial charge. But if I'm never going to use the battery, is it good to just leave it in a fully charged state?

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 9
No, when it's charged you should set charge to off
If you dont this then while in use it will go thru alot of small discharge > full charge cycles which will kill battery faster.
D2 is powered by battery not by usb.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mybeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, when it's charged you should set charge to off
If you dont this then while in use it will go thru alot of small discharge > full charge cycles which will kill battery faster.
D2 is powered by battery not by usb.

From what I understand, the D2 Boa *IS* powered by USB, whereas the older D2 viper was not.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 9
It runs on battery, always.
Here's a thread dedicated to d2 boa.
Page 56 post 559

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 9
Ok gotcha. Perhaps that's why it always sounds so great. I know battery powered devices (even including power amps like the Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 integrated) sound very smooth and detailed.

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #8 of 9
the shopkeeper told me to Turn OFF charge switch... it will bypass the battery and directly run on USB.

maybe he lied

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Guys i Confirm iBasso D2 Boa Runs on Battery ALL THE TIME.

i repeat ..the D2 Boa always runs on the battery and never bypasses the battery circuit.

i did an actual test and on 3rd day of uncharged USB use it went Dead.

So now we all know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back