How to print 3 .brd files as one for dynalo project
Nov 20, 2004 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

walangalam

100+ Head-Fier
I finished my Gilmore 1 (dynalo) design using Eagle lite. I designed it to fit a standard 100x160mm pcb to fit a Hammond 1455N16. To work around the 80x100mm limitation, I created 3 schematics and 3 boards -- one for the Alps pot, headphone and input jacks, another for the regulators, and the last one for the trafo, ac filter and rectifiers. The Gilmore amp itself is Sijosae's mint tin pcb design which will plug into board vertically using standard .1 inch headers.

The 3 boards fit over each other nicely on paper. The problem now is how to print it as one on transfer paper. How would you guys recommend I do this?

Thanks

Nov 20, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 7
Anybody?

I was originally planning just to join the paper copies and photocopy it to produce 1 board.

But I would really like to print it directly as one whole board.

Nov 20, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 7
print each file to PDF using Distiller or a free windows->pdf printer from somewhere on the net, then import into photoshop with 600dpi resolution and stitch together like that.

Works great for me trying to fit both sides of a project on my PCBs with only printing 1 sheet of transfer paper.

Nov 20, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I haven't done this yet, but I think you can also export the image to the clipboard then paste into a graphics program. So it may work without needing to mess with PDFs.

Nov 20, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 7
The problem with using the clipboard is that you need to have the exact printed size when you cut it. I tried pasting it on Paint but the sizing isnt correct most of the time-- its very hit or miss.

I'll try the pdf way that Garbs suggested.

Nov 22, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 7
I didnt set the resolution to 600dpi -- maybe thats why it wasnt working for me when I used the clipboard.

Good solutions...

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back