How To Prevent New Jeans From Bleeding?
Jan 28, 2006 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

RB26DETT

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

as above? anyone?

read from somehwere that soaking the jeans with water and salt solution might help.. true?

anyone has other ways?

EDIT: in a way, i am not looking for solutions to maintain the colour on the jeans, i wanna stop it from bleeding to prevent it from ruining my shoes.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 17
Always wash your jeans inside out in cold water (unless you are trying to shrink them once or twice on extremely hot) and only wash jeans with jeans. Don't use too much detergent and add some baking soda.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 17
so i gotta cold wash my jeans everytime i send it for washing?

thing is that my jeans are seldom washed, therefore i was looking for a solution that i do it once and its done.

dun wanna ruin my sneaker..
rolleyes.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

When you buy a new pair of dark blue jeans - or are wanting to prevent an older pair from fading any more than it already has, simply add 1-3 tablespoons of salt into the washing machine when you wash the jeans, adjusting the amount of salt depending on the size of the laundry load.

Source

Google is your friend.
tongue.gif

BW

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 17
A good spoonful of vinegar put directly in the drum should do the job.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Of course, one should go with white vinegar for the job - not balsamico or something like that.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
A good spoonful of vinegar put directly in the drum should do the job.

Yup. A bottle of malt vinegar in with the wash will do the job nicely.

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 17
put jeans in a bucket and cover with water. add a couple splashes of vinegar. Soak for 15 minutes. Wash as normal right after.

Do this everytime you buy a new pair of jeans (prevents bleeding of blue colour onto your white shoes).

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
put jeans in a bucket and cover with water. add a couple splashes of vinegar. Soak for 15 minutes. Wash as normal right after.

Do this everytime you buy a new pair of jeans (prevents bleeding of blue colour onto your white shoes).

must i do this everytime i wash the jeans? or is this a one-off process?

Jan 29, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RB26DETT
How To Prevent New Jeans From Bleeding?

Stay out of "Biker Bars".
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back