how to play random songs from all albums, on the X3
Sep 25, 2014 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

reggiegasket

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I've just bought an X3 and want to play random songs across all the albums but the X3 will only shuffle within an album.

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm stuck.

It has the latest firmware. Anyone?

I've googled it and it seems it may be possible but the instructions didn't make any sense to me.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 7
It depends on what firmware you are using.  If its 3.0 or 3.2 then in the upper left corner there is a double 16th note, click on that then click on the upper left icon that is a circle with a triangle.  The you will see tracks, just click on one and music will play randomly if the X3 is set to shuffle.

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks. I'm using 3.2.

That works but only for the songs stored on the unit's memory, which is tiny. The majority of the albums stored are on a 64GB microSD card ('TF card'), which is a different folder to the unit's memory, and only accessible if you 'Browse Files'.

If you play one of the tracks on the TF card/microSD card, on shuffle, you are locked into that album.

Is there a way to 'fool' the unit into thinking that all the albums on the microSD card are actually on the unit? 

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 7
  thanks. I'm using 3.2.

That works but only for the songs stored on the unit's memory, which is tiny. The majority of the albums stored are on a 64GB microSD card ('TF card'), which is a different folder to the unit's memory, and only accessible if you 'Browse Files'.

If you play one of the tracks on the TF card/microSD card, on shuffle, you are locked into that album.

Is there a way to 'fool' the unit into thinking that all the albums on the microSD card are actually on the unit? 

I never have experienced the problem you mentioned.  It works fine for me the way I described.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 7
if I click the 16th note icon, then click the triangle-inside-a-circle play icon, it takes me to the songs on the units internal memory, of which there are just 26. If I play one of those songs it will shuffle amongst those 26 happily.

But most of my songs are on the TF card and to access those you need to 'browse files' as I described above.

What does yours do jfaaz? When you do the 16th-note-then-play-icon thing does it take you to the songs on your TF card , or the internal memory like mine does?

Maybe I have to change the folder setup somehow....

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #6 of 7
  if I click the 16th note icon, then click the triangle-inside-a-circle play icon, it takes me to the songs on the units internal memory, of which there are just 26. If I play one of those songs it will shuffle amongst those 26 happily.

But most of my songs are on the TF card and to access those you need to 'browse files' as I described above.

What does yours do jfaaz? When you do the 16th-note-then-play-icon thing does it take you to the songs on your TF card , or the internal memory like mine does?

Maybe I have to change the folder setup somehow....

Have you updated your media library since you put stuff on the TF card? Go to the cog like icon on the home screen and select Update Media Library. Then the tracks on your TF card should appear.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 7
Great. That did it. Thanks 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back