How to play ape or other lossless files in iTune?
Nov 17, 2006 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

geoges.ravel

100+ Head-Fier
I would like to play ape/cue files with itune. I googled for a plugin but found nothing. Anybody knows if this is possible and if yes how?

Thanks.

Nov 17, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 12
One idea...
Use Max to convert from Monkey's Audio to Apple Lossless, then play with iTunes.

Nov 21, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 12
Thank you for your suggestions. But I don't think it is realistic to convert all my ape files. Any other suggestion to play the ape files in itune "on the fly"?

Nov 21, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by geoges.ravel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other suggestion to play the ape files in itune "on the fly"?

No! Simply because there are no Monkey's Audio component for iTunes.

Nov 22, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 12
another NO response. your 3 lossless formats for itunes are ALAC, AIFF, and WAV. if you're on the mac and want to play other lossless formats, get Cog.

Nov 22, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 12
If you were to play the files with foobar and use the itunes frontend for foobar would that work? I dont know if itunes would even load the files into its database though.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is nothing

It is an Apple product, after all.
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 12
If you want to try to convert your ape files without too much pain, here is a method:
1. Parallels Desktops run windows with Intel macs. You can do it with Boot camp too.
2. foobar2000 + iTunesEncode.exe. Make a big playlist with all your apes and covert to Apple Lossless.
3. A few hours later, import in your iTunes
smily_headphones1.gif

XLD is a great program to convert files to apple formats, but it does not support playlists.

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #12 of 12
i know a step by step guide on how to Convert and Play APE on Mac/Windows/iTunes/iPod/Winamp/WMP/Andorid at How to Convert and Play APE files on Mac and Windows?

the software in this guide helps:
  1. Convert APE to uncompressed audio formats like APE to WAV, APE to AIFF, or APE to AU
  2. Convert APE to lossless compressed audio formats like APE to M4A (Apple Lossless) or APE to FLAC
  3. Convert APE to lossy compressed audio formats like APE to MP3, APE to OGG, APE to WMA, APE to AAC, APE to RA, APE to MP2, APE to AC3 and more
  4. Convert and play APE in iTunes/iPod/iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Mac/QuickTime and more
  5. Convert and play APE in Winamp, Windows Media Player, Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000 and more
  6. Convert and play APE on Android, Motorola, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune, PSP, PS3, Wii and more
  7. Convert other lossless audio to itunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back