How to output via USB from PC to speakers AND headphones?
May 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

volcom17

New Head-Fier
Dear forumers,
My current setup is SG06->centrance dac->GS Solo SRG II->HD650.
I would like to introduce a set of speakers to this equation, for playing movies and games.
How would I be able to do that? Options for speakers so far is Audioengine A5. But I'm open to suggestions.
Cheers!

May 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 5
You will have to unplug the Solo amp in order to plug your speakers into the DAC.
Amps sometimes have a preamp output in the back into which you would connect your speakers and use the amp for volume control, so then you switch between headphone listening and speakers with the mere push of a button.  But your amp seems to lack any additional outputs, right?

May 8, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Yes Sir. No additional output and two inputs. So it looks like that's my only solution.
I'm quite new to this but is there such a thing as an audio splitter?

May 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Sure.  But you should not split the output from your DAC, or else volume level and fidelity decrease, if I am not mistaken.  You would have to have one device plugged into the splitter at a time, making the splitter redundant.  Alternatively, you could just plug the speakers into the Solo with a 1/4" adapter plug and use your Solo as preamp, but you cannot have both headphones and speakers plugged in at the same time without a splitter then if you have both plugged in to a splitter, sound suffers, and its the same thing, lol.

Edit:  Is your Centrance the DACport or DACmini CX?
For the DACmini, you can just plug the speakers into the headphone output while using the rear line-out for your Solo, so you use the Centrance for vulme control.

May 8, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Yeah the splitter seems very redundant. Guess I'll just plug one device one at a time.
Mine is a DACport :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back