how to open an IEM
Mar 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wooz

New Head-Fier
Hello,
the left IEM of my visang v02 has just died.. it was making considerably less sound than the right one, but now it just does nothing.. Tried cleaning it, left both overnight in alcohol to get all the wax out, worked for like 2 hours but then returned to where it was before (less noise than the right one).

So, how to open it? I think warranty got void since I putted it in alcohol, so no point in returning it.

This is my first IEM and I really liked the sound, was always careful with it, so I'm looking for a new one if I cant fix it. I listen to techno/dance mainly. Any suggestions?

Here's a picture of it: http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr298/abcshop/earphones/RR02.jpg?t=1284109259

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Just don't tell them about the alcohol. It's very finicky when it comes to dealing with tiny electronics like this so unless you are pretty good at soldering/dealing with little electronics I would bother as it wouldn't probably make matters worse.

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 4
I agree with above, it's probably going to cause more headaches for you trying to repair the broken side. Try your luck with the warranty as suggested above. 

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 4
ok cheers. Contacted the RMA department. Just hope they won't be reading this forum ^^. Since I bought it directly from China (ebay), it might take a couple of months before receiving a replacement (if at all). Any suggestions for a sub $50 IEM ? Listening mainly to dance/techno, prefer iems which have high accuracy even at low volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back