How to mount the META42 board?
Sep 23, 2002 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

anders_r_r

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have successfully built the META42 headphone amplifier. Next step is to install it in a diy wooden enclosure together with the cmoy crossfeed circuit.
My question is: How do I mount the board?
I use the small 9mm Alps pot, which I have soldered directly into the board. Is it safe to use the potentiometer as the only point where the board is supported?
Finally I would like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to the development of the META42 amplifier!

Kind regards
Anders R. Rasmussen

Sep 23, 2002 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 6
You could, the pot's mounting nut should be sufficient. Or you might want to use some spacers under the board for some additional support.

Sep 23, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll post pics of my meta when I get a digital camera. I did a very DIY method: you know those plastic stands that support boards, etc, in electronics? I cut those off from some old boards, cut them to size, and found screws that went in. I then glued those to my case. It's easier to explain with pictures. I just need a digicam.

Sep 23, 2002 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks JMT and andrzejpw!

If I am going with spacers or plastic stands how do I fasten them to the board? As far as I can see there are no holes in board for such purposes. Anyway, I think I will be content with the pot, since I have the impression that JMT is a very experienced diy’er.

Regards,
Anders

Sep 24, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 6
If I can find/steal a camera.
frown.gif

Basically, I took those stands, cut them into 3/4 centimeter or so pieces, and glued them to my case's bottom. I then drilled the openings big enough for my screws, and I laid the board on top of the stands. I then gently screwed the meta between the stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back