how to make subwoofer more boomy?
Jun 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

myemaildw

Headphoneus Supremus
i have sony srs d25 subwoofer. i know that to have good base you need good subwoofer. the subwoofer i have has good base. this is my first purchase of a subwoofer and new to subwoofers. it is a small subwoofer. and the base it makes is like someone is punching with a fist on a wood. it is not boomy. it feels like it is coming from one source and makes it sound as if it is like a punch with a fist, rather than boomy base. i have it a wooden box because it makes base more round. but base still sounds like someone is punching with a fist. i do not reccomend anyone buying this speaker. the subwoofer is small and base is not boomy because of it. and highs are all muffled, i have second speakers with good highs connected to it with a 3.5 jack splitter. and put it though a preset both on boom app on mac and equliser on itunes. so overall very complicated but gives much better sound. but the base is not as boomy as i would like it to be. i sounds like someone is punching on a wood rather than boomy. any idea how to make it boomy?
the best way is to buy another speakers. i found the sound on creative inspire t3150w, the sound on that is good without anything.
any ideas about the base?

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 7
i have sony srs d25 subwoofer. i know that to have good base you need good subwoofer. the subwoofer i have has good base. this is my first purchase of a subwoofer and new to subwoofers. it is a small subwoofer. and the base it makes is like someone is punching with a fist on a wood. it is not boomy. it feels like it is coming from one source and makes it sound as if it is like a punch with a fist, rather than boomy base. i have it a wooden box because it makes base more round. but base still sounds like someone is punching with a fist. i do not reccomend anyone buying this speaker. the subwoofer is small and base is not boomy because of it. and highs are all muffled, i have second speakers with good highs connected to it with a 3.5 jack splitter. and put it though a preset both on boom app on mac and equliser on itunes. so overall very complicated but gives much better sound. but the base is not as boomy as i would like it to be. i sounds like someone is punching on a wood rather than boomy. any idea how to make it boomy?
the best way is to buy another speakers. i found the sound on creative inspire t3150w, the sound on that is good without anything.
any ideas about the base?

The response of a subwoofer is strongly dependant upon the room's acoustics and subwoofer placement. Start by putting your sub at your listening position, then walk atound the room and listen to the bass response. When you find a location with a balanced, full bass response, put you sub there. Then listen from your listening position. It should be similar. Good luck!

Ps. All your base are belong to us.

Cheers

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Sorry. But just because they call it one, a 2.6" driver subwoofer is not a subwoofer. It's a midbass module. You are likely to never get big boomy bass out that unit.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 7
ye, i’m not sure what i am going to do with that sub, not yet decided.

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 7
The very best punchy, clean and impactfull bass I ever heard from a very low budget standpoint is the Logitech Z-623 two satellites + 8 inches subwoofer kit. Absolutly incredible bass and general sound for the price. I am amazed every time I listened to this kit at my girlfriend's house.

And that is coming from a 46 years old guy that heard alot of bass in his life and still have a Paradigm Servo-15 in his living room and an Aluminium Serie Eclipse 10 inchs sub in his car.

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 7
thanks for suggestion. i probably not going to bother with speakers, people complain. i go with earphone, headphones instead. does not distract others. but ye, the do look like they would output nice sound.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 7
i disconnected the two speakers from sony. i opened them and unsoldered one wire from both. now only subwoofer works. and i have second tevion speaker. and i connect both sony and tevion with a 3.5 thing splitter. now sony acts like bass, the volume on sony is only for bass. sound is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back