How to make an interconnect Step by Step With Pics
Feb 14, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #394 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by silmaauki
I use epoxy. I poor Epoxy inside the connector.

Same result but slightly different approaches. Epoxy is though more difficult (impossible?) to use with some connectors and you most certainly cannot repair anything after that (permanent solution). On the other hand epoxy is harder and thus the solution is ... eeh permanent.
biggrin.gif

Both solutions do as well prevent oxidation.
tongue.gif

I personally use hot glue, and use a lighter to heat it up. An ash can be easily wiped off.
-g

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #395 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by litlharsh
I thought sources required a mini-mini?

Some portable headphone amps use rca interconnects on the back and some like the PA2V2 and the go-vibe use a mini cable to connect to your player, some have both connections allowing you to choose which one you prefer.

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #396 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Some portable headphone amps use rca interconnects on the back and some like the PA2V2 and the go-vibe use a mini cable to connect to your player, some have both connections allowing you to choose which one you prefer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Feb 16, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #397 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
Question:
On ebay, i see a lot of sellers selling 99.9999% silver wire 24ga. Could i use this for audio interconnects if i sleeved it, and then litz braided it?
Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/FINE-SILVER-9999...QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks
-g

I'm using that exact wire as we speak. I'll let you know how it sounds as soon as i figure out the trick to lizt braiding
rolleyes.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #398 of 1,012
just finished my first cable. All the pieces in this conector are much bigger than on the canare F-12.

FSLO-1103657775-237891.jpg

I think using that SwitchCraft would b better for bigginers like me
wink.gif

This is what the F-12 looked for me, soldering was a bitch.

F-12a.jpg

and

F-12b.jpg

F-12c.jpg

Are other conector's inside parts usually that small? or are they usually big like the Switch Craft? I still have 2 more canare F12 so I'm gonna practice with those and then get some others, any recommendations? Maybe some that have longer parts. hehehe

Feb 21, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #399 of 1,012
Could someone verify if I'm doing litz braiding correctly (using Chimera Labs' instructions) before I go about making longer runs.
smily_headphones1.gif

litz4yh.jpg

The wires did come out in the correct order, so think I got this right. But I'm unsure whether I should braid more loosely?

And uh, is there generally any point in me taking out the wires from mogami neglex? I just find the cable too stiff for really short IC's as is.

edit:

If someone knows where the nine hells I can find teflon insulated pure copper wire, please let me know... it's just damned silver and silver plated copper all over ebay. And tinned copper elsewhere.
plainface.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #400 of 1,012
I just bought some stuff for practice: a length of 2-core shielded cable (has braids surrounding the conductors) and a variety of fe-/male 1/4" & 1/8" plugs. Question on connecting the dual-core cable: Can I solder the braiding to the ground (twisting first and then soldering) and expect it to function as shield? Or is it strongly recommended to use a cable with more than 2 cores?

Lastly, what is the purpose of 'litz braiding'?

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #403 of 1,012
as long as you don't get a cold solder joint, the type of solder shouldn't matter
580smile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #404 of 1,012
Hey guys!
Well, I'm at it again but I have a problem...sounds sill..BUT...

Does anyone know what the left and right solder points are on these plugs. I've searched through the posts with little luck...are they same on all min plugs? Am one confused dude.
confused.gif
...These are the straight ones btw...not the RA's

Thanks in advance for any help!
All the best, Mish

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #405 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally Posted by mishkakrisa
Hey guys!
Well, I'm at it again but I have a problem...sounds sill..BUT...

Does anyone know what the left and right solder points are on these plugs. I've searched through the posts with little luck...are they same on all min plugs? Am one confused dude.
confused.gif
...These are the straight ones btw...not the RA's

Thanks in advance for any help!
All the best, Mish

Get a multimeter and measure for resistance.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back