How to make a case without tools?
May 21, 2006 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

hell0un1verse

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I just finished circuitry part of an M^3 with STEPS, now this naked babe is happily singing
eggosmile.gif
I wonder how I can make a case for it without tools(ie, drill and bits), I have spent quite a lot of money for this project, no budget left for casing tools. Does Hammond/Par-Metal provide custom holes drilling service? Thanks.

May 21, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 16
Buy a kid's plastic cigar size storage box or a tupperware kinda container, cut holes with a knife til you can get something nice.

May 21, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by hell0un1verse
Hi there, I just finished circuitry part of an M^3 with STEPS, now this naked babe is happily singing
eggosmile.gif
I wonder how I can make a case for it without tools(ie, drill and bits), I have spent quite a lot of money for this project, no budget left for casing tools. Does Hammond/Par-Metal provide custom holes drilling service? Thanks.

You can always rent power tools for a day or two for a very reasonable amount. Better than ordering and much cheaper. Check out your local Home Depot tool rental centre in Toronto.

May 21, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
You can always rent power tools for a day or two for a very reasonable amount. Better than ordering and much cheaper. Check out your local Home Depot tool rental centre in Toronto.

Oh yeah, that's a great option! Thanks.

May 21, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 16
best option? ask your local community / tech college. They should have a machine shop, and they'll have tools far more precision than you would ever need.

May 22, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #13 of 16
Find someone who is both:

A) Soon placing an order from a vendor that sells the case you want and,

B) Willing to drill the holes for you

So you just pay them for the case, and shipping from them to you and "if" they wanted a small fee for drilling. If you can spec exacty what you want and it's a basic set of holes then you may find someone willing to do it for free.

Or, find a pawn shop or garage sale somewhere, you might not get fancy and shiney new drill/bits/etc but it'd sure beat having nothing.

May 22, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #14 of 16
I would use metal case because it blocks radio waves. I made case for cmoy and a lot less hiss than without metal case. I grounded case to signal ground. Be sure that your amp schematics allow to do this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back