How to lower ipod LOD volume?
May 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
Seams like, the line out is shorted out to your headphones.  Did you or anybody swap any internal components(opamps, buffers etc..) out lately?  Or your pot is disfunctional. If you increase the knob does it get louder? your phones might be blown already, do it with cheap phones, if you want to check.

Yes, I have switch the op amp before and the volume increases if I turn the knob. I already checked it with all my iem/headphones.

May 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 22
Has to be a problem here, you should try your amp with a different source and see if it is still too loud. If not you should install rockbox (huge improvement over apple firmware) and reduce the volume.

May 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #19 of 22
try using another source to see if its just with your ipod.

May 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
haha i think its broken !

+1
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
try using another source to see if its just with your ipod.

Already tried using 4 different ipods that I borrowed from my friends including 2 nanos, 1 touch, and 1 classics. All of them are deafeningly loud. I got tinnitus after listening to them on the bus for 20 minutes today... I wont be using this stupid amplifier anymore!

May 27, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #22 of 22
Well have you tried it without the LOD? If there's something wrong with the p3+, you have warranty, and you don't need a screwdriver to open it unless they changed the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back