How to interconnect X-Fi Music and HD555
Sep 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

netmask254

Head-Fier
X-Fi Music <--???--> HD555

I prefer to listen music on PC, and bought this sound card due to its naming.

Later I heard that it is criticized as "not suitable for music at all", due to its poor DAC and amplifier, i.e. the analog output quality. What's more, though HD555 (50ohm, 112dB) is a good choice to newbies, an micro amplifier will make it more vivid.

I'm considering using an external DAC which integrates a small amplifier suitable for low impedance headphone (which looks like a good solution in theory), but don't know whether it can improve the overall feeling significantly.

I'd like to see some good examples of connecting PC with headphone
darthsmile.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 6
X-fi music is an average DAC..better than Onboard..but u can get Zero DAC and then use an Amp.

since u already bought X-fi music..u can try using an Amp.

Something like GoVibe Petite is an Amp + DAC.

or iBasso Boa.

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 6
Or get the Zero and use its amp as well. People seem to like it quite a bit and should be great with your HD555.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 6
Well, I'm considering zero DAC to interconnect them.

A final question is: Can I really perceive a difference after doing do? Since the disadvantage of this solution is: I will have more wires with them on my desktop. Till now, it looks pretty clear and clean.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or get the Zero and use its amp as well. People seem to like it quite a bit and should be great with your HD555.

Hey ..i got a question..

i am getting Zero for like $150...should i go ahead and buy it?

Sep 19, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 6
No. You can get them for 111$ or 130$ for the upgraded one on ebay. I haven't got one myself but people really seem to like their unit and they're not expensive.

About the wires on your desk. There hardly aren't any. You only need a digital cable from your pc to your Zero and a powercable. That's it. The amp is internal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back