How to install Velour pads on Panasonic HTF600?
Dec 25, 2011 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RTR22

New Head-Fier
New guy here. I've lurked long enough to decide on some Pan htf600's which I got today along with some Beyer Velour pads. Now, do you guys have a tutorial on how to install them?

Do you guys have any other mods to do to the cans? These are my first non in-ear headphones I have ever had and I am really enjoying them. 

Thanks!

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 9
It's pretty straight forward. You take off the pleather pads and then work the velour pads around the little oval ring like the pleather pads were attached. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Well it came with new plastic oval pieces and new pieces of circular foam. I didn't know if you needed to take the plastic pieces off to put on the velour pads?

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Ok, I just tried to install them. It seems the pads are too narrow for the headphones. I ordered BeyerDynamic EDT 200's but I am noticing the tag says EDT 250v. Did they send me the wrong pads?

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 9
You have to work it around the oval. They don't just slip on super easy. The EDT200 fits the EDT250 as well is why it is labeled as such.

Quote:
Ok, I just tried to install them. It seems the pads are too narrow for the headphones. I ordered BeyerDynamic EDT 200's but I am noticing the tag says EDT 250v. Did they send me the wrong pads?

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 9
I use a really one small philips head screw driver to work the new pads on.

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
You have to work it around the oval. They don't just slip on super easy. The EDT200 fits the EDT250 as well is why it is labeled as such.

Thank you very much for this piece of info! I did not want to stretch the pads or rip them, but after reading this I went ahead and stretched them over the plastic and they feel great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back