How to improve my setup?
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drhoooon

100+ Head-Fier
PC -> gamma 2 (usb) -> Grado

I wish gamma 2 had a volume knob or something, I can only control the volume through foobar and not even with the windows volume control. 
Should I use spdif from my crappy onboard motherboard? Seems USB only does 16/44.1

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 5
You can upgrade to a USB/DAC external amp like a FiiO E7+E9 combo. This would give you better control with both volume and EQ while also being more useful. I find Soundcards to be worthless

I'd like to know what Grado you have for the best result because the higher you go up the scale with Grado the more you receive in return by amping.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 5
What's lacking for you, exactly? The only thing you really mentioned was wishing your DAC had a volume knob, so it was suggested that you get a new more featureful DAC, and you say you're pleased with the one you have now. So is there anything else you can pinpoint that's subpar about your setup?

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
SR200 with HP1000 drivers

I like my gamma2 dac good enough, probably won't get fiio e7

Other then that, there's not much to improve.

You're Grado are limited runs and well worth their sound. You can always get a new can.

Anything bright like a Shure 940, Sennheiser HD598, another Grado or more could give you the same sound.

You can go opposite to reflex your Grado, something like Denon, Ultrasone, Beyer

Or go off the deep end with a modded can, T50RP or a SR60i to play around with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back