How to improve my computer audio chain step by step?
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Yahoe

New Head-Fier
Bonjour,

I'm looking for advises on how to improve my setup, whether it be sound card, adding a DAC, amp mods, etc. Budget is not unlimited but I'm willing to hear all proposed solutions.

I'm using my motherboard built-in sound chip Realtek ALC 892 which supports 192kHz/ 24bit, Antique Lab MG Head OTL Mk2 Sennheiser HD 650.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Good day,

I see following way:
1. Good PC Card for good spdif output + DAC (on you flavor, without headphone amp).
I suggest you M2Tech Hiface or Musiland 01 USD for spdif out.
2. You may go step by step.
First - PC Card (internal or USB) with good DAC on board. (On this step you need DAC to convert digital to analogue signal because you have only amp that support analogue input).
Just for exaple Asus Xonar D2(X).
Second - DAC.

Second way may be more expensive but you can go step by step.
Best regards.:)

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Get a Nuforce Icon HD or HDP and call it a day. Check out the reviews on this site for both products - they are identical in quality (of dac and amp) and differ only in quantity of features,inputs/outputs.  

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks guys,

The M2Tech Hiface does look like a nice product from the reviews I read. Then there is choosing a DAC, so many choices out there!

I'll keep on reading some more.

Best regards

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Since the M2Tech Hiface is not compatible with Linux, I finally bought a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 D/A Converter, and at 350$ it just can't be beat!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603086/review-grant-fidelity-tubedac-11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back