How to get theHD595's for $185 w/o shipping
Feb 18, 2005 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

enemigo

100+ Head-Fier
The HD595 seems to be getting some praise around here at the moment. In Norway this headphone is like 70% the price of HD580, and priced at about $200. Try contacting a Norwegian webshop like www.hpx.no or www.datashop.no and ask if they could ship abroad without Norwegian taxes (25%), and you're down to $160. The US vat is 16%, right? Resulting in a price of $185. I've got no idea what shipping costs are, and if you have to pay vat on this, but you might be looking at $50 saved compared to US prices.

Just a friendly tip, got no interests in the mentioned shops.

Knut

Feb 18, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 7
There is no "US VAT." VAT is only charged when the destination is an EU member state. Someone in the US ordering headphones from Norway might be looking at a custom duty. I would not recommend this for someone in the US for that reason and the difficulty in returning the phone.

Feb 18, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nierika
There is no "US VAT." VAT is only charged when the destination is an EU member state. Someone in the US ordering headphones from Norway might be looking at a custom duty. I would not recommend this for someone in the US for that reason and the difficulty in returning the phone.

Hmm, no vat, ok. But the custom duty is 16% perhaps?

Warranty issues are of course less convenient, but people do all sorts of things to save some $
smily_headphones1.gif
Just thought I'd offer this posibility with the ones willing...

Knut

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 7
Here is the information you requested:

SENNHEISER HD-595 Headphones

$249.99 - Suggested Retail Price

$199.99 - YOUR PRICE

If you have seen a lower price, or wish to discuss this price further, please call 1-800-806-1115.

You may also print out this email and bring it to our Retail Stores located on Park Row in New York City.

Plus free shipping in the US.

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by enemigo
Well, if you can get it for $200 in the states, the situation is different. Just offered my tip since I saw people paying far more for their headphones here.

K

Thanks anyways, doesn't hurt to help. The HD 600 was also $199.99 free shipping a week ago as well, same site but it jumped up to $229.99 plus free shipping but is currently backordered.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 7
Do pay some attention anyway with the lower prices, since with HD595 there's that 120/50 ohm thing.
I somehow have the (moderate) feeling that the 50 ohm would be preferable if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back