How to get the best sound quality?
Feb 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #46 of 59
Oh, cool. Before was analog, now is digital?

Quote:
Oh yeah, I got confused, should have mentioned that, glad to hear you're sorted.. Also as an aside, it's not the cable you're hearing is better but the conversion from digital source to analog is now being processed by the media centre and is doing a better job than the computer would have been.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #48 of 59
Hm... cool. Will getting a new soundcard or external soundcard(DAC) do any good for me? I only listen to music not play games.

Quote:
Yeah, the signal is now digital until the media centre which handles the conversion.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #50 of 59
I think I'm fine with the way my speakers sound now, so i dont need to change anything, but thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Getting a half decent DAC would probably be better sounding, the dac circuit in most recievers isn't that bad though generally so I wouldn't bother with an internal soundcard unless it's quite a good one.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #51 of 59
I think you should write a new headline like "Test peoples" :)

Nevertheless if you are happy now stay with your setup!!!!! please..

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #52 of 59

Haha, why "test people"?
and why "please.." anymore advice??
Quote:
I think you should write a new headline like "Test peoples" :)

Nevertheless if you are happy now stay with your setup!!!!! please..

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #53 of 59
I was a little bit upset to look for everything. But no problem. :) If you have further questions you can ask of course!!

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #54 of 59

Quote:
Good thread for me,very useful!

You mean you could understand it all? That's pretty good going, it's got me confused more than once. 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #55 of 59

What confused you?
Quote:
You mean you could understand it all? That's pretty good going, it's got me confused more than once. 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #57 of 59
Ah, yes of course. I think i was confused, which made you confused also? Everything is worked out now, except is Mediamonkey with ASIO4ALL output and FLAC 24bit the "best" sound quality i could get out my computer?

Also my ASIO4ALL is set-up like:
512 Sample, IN: 32 sample OUT: 32 Sample, Hardware Buffer [unchecked], Kernel Buffers:2, Always Resample 44.1kHz<->48kHz [checked] ,Force WDM Driver 16 Bit [unchecked]

Quote:

Well, I started reading the thread after about 10 replies and it took me two or three reads of the thread to work out what the latest post was about, it makes sense now, more or less.

o2smile.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #58 of 59

Quote:
Ah, yes of course. I think i was confused, which made you confused also? Everything is worked out now, except is Mediamonkey with ASIO4ALL output and FLAC 24bit the "best" sound quality i could get out my computer?

Also my ASIO4ALL is set-up like:
512 Sample, IN: 32 sample OUT: 32 Sample, Hardware Buffer [unchecked], Kernel Buffers:2, Always Resample 44.1kHz<->48kHz [checked] ,Force WDM Driver 16 Bit [unchecked]

[size=medium]
I don't use asio so have no idea what your second line means but from the first line, yes it is. If you're not satisfied then that's when your wallet runs for cover.
biggrin.gif

[/size]

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #59 of 59
Haha, oh ok. I'm pretty satisfied, just wondering what other things i could tweak. Would changing my soundcard do? I probably should call it quits and be happy :D me and my curiosity. 

Quote:

[size=medium]
I don't use asio so have no idea what your second line means but from the first line, yes it is. If you're not satisfied then that's when your wallet runs for cover.
biggrin.gif

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back