How to get the best out of my 535s?
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bosstonez

New Head-Fier
I need some advice on how to use/maintain/make the best of my new Shure 535's. I've always been a fan of the brand. I went through a couple pairs of entry level Shure's years ago and loved them to bits, but I think I ended up damaging them(constant crackling) because of misuse/misunderstanding. Being in a position now to throw a few bucks at some nice Shure's I wanted to get some advice on how to make the most of em without breaking them in the process.

For the better part of the last year I've been using the ATH-M50x's as my primary listening device. A few weeks ago I got some Sennheiser 598's(that are growing on me). But I'm missing the low end kick of the m50s, and these seem to be really heavy on the mids. They seem to sound best with pop songs. Percussion and guitar seems really forward in these, while the low end and vocals seem to disappear into the background. Am I doing it wrong, or is that just the way these sound? 

I bought them for sound isolation which they do really well. So they have that going for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back