How to get sound from my Xbox360 S when playing on my computer screen?
Dec 16, 2010 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mblomstrand92

New Head-Fier
Hello

This winter i'm buying a Xbox360 S and i have some questions about the sound.
I'm going to connect the Xbox360 S to my Samsung monitor with a hdmi cable for the video.
Now i want to buy the console tomorrow and if i'm able to use either the speakers or the headphones right away with good sound i'm satisfied. The Audioengine speakers have a built in amp so i guess they sound good from start. About the headphones, i was looking around a long time ago for a gaming amp and i found the Astro Mixamp which i was recommended to buy by many people on this forum.

Now the big question is how i connect my Audioengine 2 speakers to the Xbox360 S right away? Cause ordering a getting the Mixamp from UK to Sweden could take weeks. So what cables and stuff do i need to plug my speakers into my xbox360?

Thanks for all the help i can get and have a great day!

Video/Sound
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50
Computer screen: Samsung 27" P2770FH
2.0 Speakers: d´feldt Audioengine 2

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Do you know where i can buy one of these? Can't find em here in Sweden. And also the store must be able to ship it.

I'm not sure where or if you can get them in Sweden, but I purchased mine off of eBay. Mine was actually shipped from (and I believe even manufactured in) America, though there are plenty of them from China. Look for, "Xbox optical adapter." The quality isn't awful, but I don't think the DAC in the Xbox is all that fantastic to begin with. The XBOX360 S does have a dedicated optical adapter on the back, if you intend to plug it directly into your own DAC. When I bought mine a few months back I found a number of them that that shipped from the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back