How to get good seal on Sennheiser CX300
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fartsack

New Head-Fier
Thanks to everyone for their help in determining whether my Sennheiser CX300s are fake or real. After reviewing the comparisons, I've concluded that my CX300s are genuine.

Now, what I really want to know is how to get a good seal on the CX300s. I've played around with the different caps, and the smallest ones fit best. I've crammed 'em in and twisted & turned, but even still, I can't hear any bass unless i'm holding them in hard. My ears are already starting to hurt so I obviously don't want to push any harder.

I requested instructions from Sennheiser Canada several days ago, and I've yet to hear back from them.

I'd hate to think I wasted $100 on these.

thx!

/fartsack

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 4
For me, anyway, when using canal phones with the soft silicone sleeves, fit/isolation/bass are enhanced when I use the largest possible size sleeve that will fit comfortable and stay in securely. Remember, the comfortable silicone sleeves are designed to "scrunch up" a bit -- using what merely looks like the right size might not allow for the correct fit and therefore the sound you're seeking. The silicones should fit snugly and not allow for a great deal of "wiggle room." Remember, the canal phones should gently fit like ear plugs, rather than hanging in the ear like earbuds.

On a side note (and apologies for not looking this up somewhere), does anyone think foamies would help a user in this situation? And if so, which ones would fit?

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 4
My ear is such that any 'phones that have a cable exit at 90 degrees from the tube don't fit right with the cable facing down. I wear my EP630s upside-down with the cable looping over my ear. In that position I can get the plug to fit directly in my ear canal. I can get a good seal and good sound this way with a minimum of fiddling. Bonus: if you need to take one out temporarily to listen to someone you can let the earphone dangle from the cable draped over your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back