How to get good audio from laptop?
Mar 16, 2006 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

maniac28

New Head-Fier
I'm new here so bear with me. I've been using my SR80's for about 6 months, straight out of my laptops (compaq x1000) headphone out. I know I'm not getting very good sound, and I want to get more out my my grado's. I have been looking at the Echo Indigo products, but is that all I need, or do I still need an external amp? My source will be 320 kbps MP3;s and CD's. Mostly I will be listening off the laptop, but I'm also considering buying an ipod, and I would be using that on my motorcycle.

maybe something like the PA2V2? Any advice is appreciated. I don't want to spend a fortune, I've got other hobbies that take lots of money...

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 5
What about the headroom bithead or bithead total? seems like it might ork for everything I want to do - computer amp/processor and portable amp.

?? I don't have any experience with headphone amps.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 5
the echo indigo DJ has a headphone out that is amped, it's decent. it also has an analogue out so that you could get an amp later and still fit it with the echo indigo. it seems to work.
you could also remove it from the laptop itself by using a usb dac/amp solution, there are several out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back