How to get comfort, portability, isolation, and sound quality?
Dec 4, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 20
I find the custom molds seal very well and block a lot of exterior sound, but the Ety universal tri-flanges offer an even better seal, but of course that is when you jam them way into your ear which can be uncomfortable. Also you can have your molds redone for free if you find that they do not seal as well as you think they should.

I would get the ER4P. You can always get a P to S adapter cable or plug that adds 75 ohms of resistance later if you get an amp, but you can not switch back to a P if you buy an S.

The question of what people like is a big one and you could spend days on here reading about who likes what better. I have used the Ety ER4 and the Westone UM3X and I liked them both a lot. I guess I would say the UM3X are a better all around headphone but they will also cost you a lot more. I have not tried the ES1.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 20
By the way, my westone dealer quoted me a price of $100, and then he later said he meant $100 for each mold. Then he said he could do $150 for both.

So you might want to make sure that quote is for both ears....

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirmalanow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, my westone dealer quoted me a price of $100, and then he later said he meant $100 for each mold. Then he said he could do $150 for both.

So you might want to make sure that quote is for both ears....

Be sure to keep it clear if you want either ear impressions or ear molds. Sometime the audiologist gets confused if you say one or the other. In general, you want ear impressions when it comes to customs.

I could tell you a place I go for my impressions if you like since you live in Arizona. Her office is in Scottsdale. She does a very good job and only charges $10 for each ear.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nleahcim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK I just pulled the trigger on some ER-4Ps and I'm meeting with an audiologist on Wednesday to have the molds made. Will report back on how I like them!

That sounds great. The ER4Ps are really great headphones for the price, and the custom earmolds really are the best in terms of comfort. They also improve the sound of the ER4 headphones. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back