How to fix my broken inears
Jan 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 5
I have a Vsonic-GR07 and a xiaomi piston 3, both of them had one of the speakers stop working all of a sudden. Anyone know how i can fix them?

There are some possibilities on what thing that make your IEMs dead.

First, the cable to the driver is broken. You can solder them back but the tricky part are to bust open the housing and soldering the cable back (because the contact area is small so you have to be careful not to burn ypur driver). Second, the cable near the jack is broken and it can be repaired by replace the jack with a new one. The last is broken driver. You can't do anything about this except replace it with new driver (or just buy a new one._.). Because repair a dead driver is tricky(so much trickier than soldering cable to the driver).

Yeah those are my hypotheses on what makes your IEM dead(because i have experienced all of them :frowning2: )

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 5
When i replace the jack i cut the old one off, expose a bit of the wire and twist it together with the corresponding wires of the jack, tape it shut, right? Do i get a better result if i solder it instead oftwisting it together? What type of solder is best (for sound quality) ?.

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, that is not that hard as you may think. I do that regularly for my friends and relatives, not only for myself. Actually, I'm not the best teacher, but some time ago I've found an essay from PapersWizard with a small guide, which probably gonna help you. I mean everything is really easy and well written. Thus, I think, it's gonna be useful for you. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back