How to fix Klipsch Image One Jack?
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

frantona

New Head-Fier
Hi! I bought one of these, and suddenly the jack wich was attached to my laptob, broke, and the metal part of the jack stayed insed the laptop audio connector, so I now have these headset without jack. Few question: Is it possible to fix, just buying a new jack? Wich jack would this have to be? If i have an old iphone headphones can I use this jack? Why is there so much cables inside this cable (I know this sounds weird), i have:
1 green
1 red
2 gold
1 mixed (red,green, white)

Thanks for your time!

Fernando

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes you can fix these with a new jack, but you'll need to work out which colour is which.  You'll need to get a 3.5mm or 1/8 inch TRRS plug if you want to keep the remote controls working and that's why there are so many wires - two for each ear and two for the remote.  The easiest way to ensure you get them right would be by cutting all the plastic away from the broken plug, then you can see which wire goes where.  Start now - this is usually very time consuming!

If you can cut away all the plastic on the iphone headphones jack you could use that (assuming it has a remote) but you'd need some epoxy or something to use as strain relief otherwise the exposed wires will break easily.

I've never made a TRRS cable so have no experiences with the jacks and a quick search revealed no branded ones but hopefully it's a helpful start
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back