How to fix Channel Imbalance on Headphones without a L/R software fix/Recommended Recabling services?
Apr 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
So I have a modded ATH-AD2000.

I love them but the left side is noticeably quieter than the right or like less full sounding. I have concluded that it's a probably with the connector as it sometimes sounds full when plugged in at a very specific depth but then the right side doesn't make a sound.

The headphone jack also slides in and out very easily with the slightest pull. They don't snap into the female 3.5mm socket like my other headphones.

I have other headphones that don't have this problem.

I was wondering if there's someone who can recable or fix this problem.

I just want to replace the jack, but if it turns out I have to have the whole thing recabled that's also fine.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Before sending your headphones away, I would enquire with some local electronic repair stores whether they can do the simple job replacing the jack for you. Shops that fix laptops, microwaves and general household appliances can do this.

If you cannot find any then you can pop into the cable forums and use the search bar here to find similar threads.

if there's one thing about Head-fi, there's often someone who's experienced a similar issue before.

Its all about searching for the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back