How to fix a loose cable on an AKG K240DF?
Jun 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

renlute

100+ Head-Fier
I had AKG-Harman replace my K240DF cable last fall, but today the bleeping thing is loose at the connection point to the can. The technical problem is that I get no left channel sound unless I pull up on the cable where it enters the  little housing.

I will contact their parts/repair department tomorrow morning but am afraid they will tell me that any guarantee is expired. That was a $70 repair job, so needless to say I am very displeased with their workmanship.

How hard an operation is it to get in there and fix whatever wire is loose? I don't even know how to get the lid off. It must not be easy, the repair guy gouged the rim a couple times and it does not fit tight now as it does on the other can. I found an exploded diagram but it appears to depict the 240M model, not the nondetachable K240DF.

http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/36/K240_m_stu4055d215ac91a.pdf

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 5
I can help you on the repairing part...most of the time all it takes is some careful searching for screws under stickers, ear pads etc... or a seesion with a heatgun/hairdryer. Should pop right out (may have to twist the two halves apart).

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the offers, gentlemen.

I decided to see if AKG would do a re-repair. Fortunately they did, it only cost me shipping one way. Works fine now, and I unloaded them on Ebay.

I love the replacement, the K702, tho I've had to jerry-rig the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back