How to enjoy Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio with new IEMs ?
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JohnSantana

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I just got my set of items for listening pleasure :)

Fiio E11 + Westone W4 IEM, my player is or course my laptop, so I wonder what could be the difference in terms of the sound source or quality of those two media as above ?

SACD or DVD-A ? and what player or software do you recommends ?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 6
ok, assuming the media is played from the laptop DVD-ROM drive, is there any difference ?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Too many variables to answer this question.

I have shown on more than two recent threads that high resolution means diddly squat if it's not mastered properly. Even the best mastering engineer can't fix a craptastic recording/mix either. 

Source first people......

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't think it matters, as people have said, too many variables. I say when you get your new IEMs, you listen to whatever it is you enjoy the most. So listen to whatever it is that will make you smile the most. Whether that is perfectly mastered, but terrible album, or a terribly mastered, but wonderful album. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Ah yes, that does make sense after all people.

with my current Westone W4 IEMs I feel that the live concert recording 320 kbps / FLAC sounds even better, but normal MP3 files 128 KBps sounds worst :-|, because my music collections are all Rock and Metal music i will need to find good quality source in CD/DVD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back